1. crisp fallish weather on a sunny fall day
2. butterfly kisses from a little girl with her bedtime prayers
3. a not so little anymore boy saying sleepily that he likes to pray as I tuck him in
4. Anne Shirley Blythe’s world o’ books
5. TGIF Chicken Quesadilla Rolls
6. New haircuts and new glasses
7. bedtime can’t be that far away, can it?
Archive for September, 2005
1. crisp fallish weather on a sunny fall day
reality is highly over rated right now
give me some a dose of chocolate something with peanuts
and diet coke
add some episodes of Friends
and emails and message board posts from W@H
qid (or more – you can’t overdose on this one)
coat liberally with prayer and praise music
You are a Visual Learner. You like to see things
for yourself, read the directions, and study
the diagrams. You learn well through reading,
and seeing pictures, models, and visual
demonstrations. You notice minute details and
are fascinated by the intricacies of the world
Visit my Blog:
1. Helping someone who has helped me so much.
2. Homemade tortillas.
3. Being able to open the windows for a little bit in the daytime.
4. Laughing with friends.
5. A son who was good at school ALL week.
6. Two little ones tucked safely in bed.
7. Anne of Green Gables book 1 through 7.
8. Old movies.
9. Reduced fat pringles.
10. The fact that I’m still alive after giving up chocolate for 10 days so far. Heh.
11. Yankee candles.
12. Old friends.
13. New friends.
14. My best friend ever – GOD.
15. David Crowder Band…I want to be their groupie in a wholesome way. Heh.
16. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I won’t have a headache in it.
I have these friends…and I’ve stopped saying that I met them online because a lot of people just look at you like, “Huh? You what?”
I saw this quote the other day that made me think of these friends. “The space between yesterday and today is filled with acceptance, forgiveness, and remembering to laugh.” That describes them perfectly. I can’t believe that I met some of them three years ago, others two years ago, others one year ago…and others only months ago. But they all hold a special place in my heart.
Thank you, Lord, for my friends. And I can’t believe that the W@H boards have been open a year this month. You’ll have to stop by and check out the festivities. Maybe I can make some new friends! Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other gold.
while blog trolling this am, I came across this must read entry -
my well kept secret and testimony of being an unyoked wife.
It totally spoke to me having been yoked to an unbeliever myself.
I hope Jamie doesn’t mind me linking her, but I think this will minister to others as well. Thank you for sharing your story, Jamie.
Life turns and it rolls and sometimes I find myself hard pressed to roll with the punches. Thus why I’ve not been blogging much lately.
There have been good thing and not so good things going on, blessings and growth opportunities.
Here is a bulleted list of both over the past month or so…
* my 7 yo started 1st grade
* I did not get the library job
* my 5 yo started preschool
* my pastor came up to me and said< "I heard you have a large phone bill you can't pay. We'd like to pay it for you."
* my 7 yo is hurt and confused
* my 5 yo has developed a whopping attitude fitting a 15 yo at least
* a 31 yo I know has a constant headache
* people calling up saying we have money for you half an hour after I pray for God to provide
* church members buying shoes for my children
* another church member showering my 5 yo with the 4 prs of shoes in the EXACT size she wears without knowing the size just knowing the need
* 2 children who miss their absent dad and haven't spent a weekend with him in over a month because he is working 7 days a week
* a 31 yo who is clinging to God as her husband, her provider, her best friend and in so many ways feels more fulfilled in the midst of the chaos than she has ever felt before
* 40 days of prayer and fasting at my church
and that just skims the surface my friends.
But you must remember these words that I've been taking comfort in -
“Cause that’s just how it goes
How life turns…how it rolls
Through the fire and through the pain
It may hurt…it may bruise
It may leave you confused
But you will be okay
Cause His kind of love is a love
That won’t walk away”
~ from A Love That Won’t Walk Away by Jess Cates & Ty Lacy
“Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
~ Isaiah 54:10