…Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him… ~ Job 13:15
Archive for August, 2006
I’ve already mentioned this awesome book I read this summer – Honey for a Child’s Heart, but I wanted to share some more quotes and ideas from it because it was rich!
“If you must make a fresh decision each day whether you will read the Scriptures and when you will read them, the Bible will probably not be read very often. Increasingly, the family life of believers has little to distinguish it from secular family life.” ~ Gladys Hunt
having to lounge around all weekend is no fun when…
1. snot seems to be coming out of every orifice AND you are out of kleenex
2. your head and eyes hurt so much you can’t read nor watch tv
3. your children are rowdy and you can’t emit more than a squeak
Your Toes Should Be Blue
You’re a little out there, but that means you take guys to a place that’s out of this world!
Your ideal guy: Zany, hilarious, and totally unpredictable.
Stay away from: Anyone who has to get up for work in the morning
| You scored as English. You should be an English major! Your passion lies in writing and expressing yourself creatively, and you hate it when you are inhibited from doing so. Pursue that interest of yours!
1. Home grown cucumbers fresh from the garden with ranch dressing
2. Crystal light drunk from a wine glass
3. Doris Day and Rock Hudson movie marathons
4. Singing “undignified” at the top of your lungs
5. Stacks and stacks of unread books and a comfy chair to read them in
What are your simple pleasures?
Honey For A Child’s Heart by Gladys Hunt
There are too many things I loved about this book to list, but I will share two quotes.
“Rule #1 Don’t Criticize what you haven’t read yourself.”
“If families don’t read books together, how do they know each other’s friends?”
I cannot wait to read Honey for a Teen’s Heart and Honey for a Woman’s Heart.
FYI…I am kinda sorta back online…temporarily.